[ What is TCSBC? ]
The Drink: Grande Dark Mocha, 2 pumps Raspberry, 1 pump Vanilla, add Caramel Drizzle
The Price: FREE! I used 12 of my Starbucks Card Stars. ♥
Actual Price: Php 220.00 (Around $5.00)
What I think:
See, I love Black Forest cake. It’s one of my three favorite cakes ever (ever, ever). I’ve tried this before but it’s been a while ago. So you can imagine how I felt when I took my first sip.
You get the perfect blend of Dark Mocha and fruity Raspberry in one sip. It may not be the traditional fruit in a Black Forest cake (note: Cherry), but it does the job. The drink is smooth and the “cake experience” is rounded out by the bits of chocolate you get every time you take a sip. And the caramel will remind you of that gooey part in a Black Forest cake that is just heaven on the taste buds.
It really does feel like you’re having your cake and drinking it too. I acknowledge the fact that, okay–that may sound gross for some people but no. NO. Get that icky feeling out of your system because if you like Black Forest the cake, I promise you, you will like Black Forest the drink.
Would I drink it again? Yes. It’s a little pricey so I’m going to add this to my list of drink options for when I’ve collected enough stars to get it for free. ♥
You will like it if:
1. … you like Black Forest cake.
2. … you liked the currently obsolete Starbucks Christmas drink, Dark Cherry Mocha.
3. … you’re craving for something sweet and creamy and dreamy delicious.
You will hate it if:
1. … you’re not a fan of Black Forest cake. (I know some people. I don’t understand.)
2. … you’d rather eat your cake than drink it.
+ Add a shot of espresso to counter the sweetness. It won’t taste as close to a Black Forest cake as the original, but it should work for those who like more coffee taste.
– Skip the vanilla syrup and switch it with hazelnut. I hear it will make it taste like cupcake batter.
– Skip the vanilla completely to make it less sweet.
+ Try it warm. Order a Grande Cafe Mocha with the same syrup proportions.
+/- Order it twice blended and with the whipped cream blended in for more creaminess.
+/- Ask them to drizzle caramel in the cup for a more pronounced caramel taste.
Sugar Bombs: ◉ ◉ ◉ ◉ ◎
Espresso Shots Fired: ◉ ◉ ◎ ◎ ◎
Personal Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆