[ What is TCSBC? ]
Let’s ease in to this, shall we? Let’s start it slow, keep it easy for the first few weeks. I almost ordered a Grande Triple Ristretto Caramel Macchiato at the suggestion of a friend. But then I realized I wasn’t ready to die just yet.
The Drink: Iced Grande Single Soy Chai Tea Latte
The Price: Php 200.00 (Around $4.50)
What I think:
Like I said, this wasn’t my first choice. But my friendly neighborhood barista, Josh, said the Ristretto was going to be very strong and very bitter and much better for a no-sleep day. He suggested this twist on the “Dirty Chai”, instead.
I like my Chai Tea Latte–a lot. And this is the first time I’ve ever had it “Dirty”, and with Soy Milk no less. All I could think about after my first sip was that at least Josh didn’t lie to me. He said it was going to be weird, and it was. But it was surprisingly better than I expected. I got teased for drinking it so slowly he even asked me again if I hated it. I really didn’t though. :p
Would I drink it again? The future is uncertain. But I am not completely opposed to it. I might try it hot next time. I think it will taste better that way. ♥
You will like it if:
1. …you like Soy Milk. (I love, love, love soy milk.)
2. …you want the tiniest bit of a pick-me-up, but not like a slap in the face.
3. …you’re feeling adventurous and don’t mind that it’s going to be a little funny on the tongue.
You will hate it if:
1. …you hate Soy Milk. Seriously, the soy is strong in this one.
2. …you like your Chai Tea sweet, and cinnamon-y. (This drink loses that a little.)
3. …you’d rather sell your firstborn than mix espresso with tea. The blasphemy!
– Soy Milk if that’s not your thing. Whole milk is always a safe bet. (Also, cheaper.)
+ White Chocolate Mocha for added sweetness (I recommend this even for the regular Chai Tea)
+ Another espresso shot to really get yourself going
Sugar Bombs: ◉ ◉ ◎ ◎ ◎
Espresso Shots Fired: ◉ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎
Personal Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆